:)

I did not come here to show out, did not come here to impress you.

Friday 24 December 2010

My Top 10 Albums of 2010


It's an opinion.

1. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
This isn't rap, hip-hop or pop. This is a completely new sound. It's absolute brilliance; the music is so unique and fresh that it is unimaginable that someone could've produced it almost singlehandedly. Rolling Stone sums it up well; "Nobody halfway sane could have made this album".


2. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
When it comes to complete albums that lack nothing, Arcade Fire are the best at it. It's a great album worth a dozen thorough listens.


3. Future Islands - In Evening Air
A very different sound that I heard this year. Although short, this album is beautiful. I've probably listened to Tin Man over 50 times.


4. Gayngs - Relayted
Being a big fan of Bon Iver and the 80s, I loved this album. Very chilled and very 10cc.


5. The Black Keys - Brothers
A great sixth album from the duo. Their sound is very cool, like a baked Ray LaMontagne.


6. Ratatat - LP4
This was my most anticipated album other than Kanye's and it delivers.


7. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
Not evolving much, that's how I like bands sometimes, especially when I look at Biffy and Kings. You Wanted A Hit is a perfect song where the lyrics sum up what they're all about.


8. Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
No one has been through more than this man since their last release. His first album in 16 years, the story of his comeback is touching. This is more poetry than music.


9. Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon II: Legend Of Mr. Rager.
I really like this rapper as he has more of a rock influence than standard hip-hop. It's very mellow and deep.


10. Perfume Genius - Learning
My confession is that I only heard this artist through Drownedinsound's top albums. Regardless, this is a brilliant solo album. Reminds of how Zach Condon started as The Real People.


11. Deftones - Diamond Eyes
Back to their original ways and it's a hit. Wake up soon Chi.


12. Dangermouse & Sparklehorse - Dark Night of The Soul
A various artist album, which is indeed very dark. Delayed for almost a year due to the suicides of performing artists Mark Linkous and Vic Chesnutt. RIP.


Oops. 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment